310 mm (12”) jointing and planing width for outstanding results that will impress even the most discerning woodworker!(Hammer - K3 Winner)
**Please anticipate additional charges for delivery**
310 mm (12”) jointing and planing width for outstanding results that will impress even the most discerning woodworker!
Solid, cast iron jointer tables, self-aligning cutter-block, patented jointer table adjustment system plus many other fine details make for sensational results with the A3 31.
The superior design of your A3 31 also offers sensational value for money – see for yourself!
For mortising or doweling you can equip your jointer/planer with the horizontal mortiser.
... Why you should choose a Hammer
- Excellent value for money
- Decision making reliability for many years to come
- Innovative machine technology
- Solid cast iron tables and assemblies
- High quality, unique detail solutions as part of the standard package
- Top quality manufacturing with strict quality guidelines
- Remarkably user friendly
- Classic design
- Quality and precision from Austria
- Compact functionality
- CE + GS dust certified
- Mobile as an option
- Minimal space requirement
- Quickest changeover times
3 knife quick-change, self-setting cutterblock system, the heart of every Hammer planer:
The Hammer 3 knife quick-change, self-setting cutterblock system guarantees excellent planed wood surfaces and simple operating comfort. Since 1987 the cutterblock quick-change system has proven itself a thousand times over and our customers worldwide have saved on expensive additional investment in standard planer cutterblocks. The quick-change cutterblock system is only available from the Felder Group!
Your advantages at a glance:
- Planer knife change without adjustments in seconds
- Disposable knives, each with two cutting edges at an affordable price
- no expensive adjustment devices required as with the standard planer knives for example
- no second set of planing knives are required during the sharpening cycle
Solid planer tables for absolute precision:
The strong ribbed Hammer planer and thicknesser tables are made from solid cast iron and ensure excellent precision in every situation.
The width of the planing table equates to the planing width, which means that workpieces can be planed safely across the full length of the planing table.
Quick and simple: Depth of cut adjustment when planing
The large adjustment handle for the planing depth of cut is integrated perfectly into the machine design. The depth of cut adjustment of up to 4 mm can be carried out quickly, simple and precisely without having to release any locks. That is top class operating comfort.
The planer fence for exact joining and bevelling
The planer fence can be moved and fixed to any position across the width of the table. The planing fence is made of aluminium and can be tilted and fixed at any position between 90°–45°. Fine adjustable end stops ensure an exact 90° and 45° position. The precise workpiece guiding whilst joining and bevelling is helped by the long planing fence.
Dual lifting planer tables - 0°- end position saves valuable working space
A space saving solution with optimum ergonomics: Planer tables tilt away from the user operating area, this ensures that working with your Hammer planer is as user-friendly as possible and also requires less workshop space.
The simultaneous, dual opening and closing of the planing tables saves time and is extremely comfortable. The planing tables lock automatically at the 0° end position.
Maximum thicknessing height for big requirements
The maximum thicknessing height of 225 mm is a guarantee for the perfect processing of large and heavy workpieces. An even more precise, tenth of a millimetre accurate adjustment of the thicknessing height is possible as an option with a handwheel and integrated digital clock.
Perfect extraction technology - a clean solution
The aerodynamically optimised construction of the dust extraction hood with its ample chip space guarantees an ideal chip extraction and clean working surface.
The Horizontal Mortiser
The Horizontal Mortiser is mounted on the jointer-planer side. An optional dowelling device can be added to increase the mortiser capability
Certified and tested - Your guarantee of perfect safety
Every Hammer woodworking machine meets the highest safety requirements and complies to strict regulated standards. Maximum product safety is guaranteed by various recognised test certificates and labels. You can completely trust in the fact that your Hammer machine is not just precise and reliable, but also the best choice for your health and safety.
- The GS seal (GS = tested for general safety) certifies that a product meets the requirements of Product safety act ProdSG (Product safety act).
- DGUV Test wood dust certified (previously BG certified) is a test and certificate from the German Social Accident Insurance. The certificate from the DGUV test verifies that a product is safe and healthy.
- The CE-mark declares Manufacturer that the product complies with the applicable requirements as specified in the laws of the European Community.