Allows precise, repeatable drilling of multiple hinge cup holes—no drill press required!
If you're drilling hinge cup holes for multiple doors of the same height, the JIG IT Deluxe Concealed Hinge Drilling System will save you loads of time. The system comes with a sturdy 36'' aluminum rail and two hinge cup drilling guides that slide along the rail to align with your hinge plates. Once set up, you can use the stop block against the top or bottom of each door to achieve identical results throughout any bank of cabinets. With no need for a drill press, you'll save both money and shop space.
Each guide features an integral spring clamp that requires no adjustment, and holds the guide in place as you drill. The clamp also doubles as a foot that rests on your benchtop (or the floor) and provides firm support as you apply downward pressure with the drill bit. To support the outer edge of the door, simply use scrap blocks or Bench Cookies (sold separately).
- 3/4'' square aluminum guide rail, and a material stop for precise, repeatable results
- For very tall doors, simply rip a 3/4'' x 3/4'' stick in whatever length is needed, or purchase a length of standard 3/4'' square aluminum extrusion
- Makes an ideal hinge cup drilling solution for small shops, or for jobsite work
- Template guides are solid steel for durability
- Templates are secured in place with sturdy metal threaded holes
- Integral clamps attach guides securely to your door
- Clamps double as feet, providing firm support as you drill
- Use scrap blocks or Bench Cookies to support outer edge
- Center line perfectly positions the template
- Offsets are adjustable for both face frame and frameless construction
- Template bases have non-marring bottoms