The new 20" planer fills the gap between the popular 4 post 16" and 20" planers and the really heavy duty planers. The advantage to this planer over the 4 post planers is the way the bed is secured to the frame with a Gib System. With 5-1/2" of cast Gib travels on the outer machine frame giving the bed more stability than a traditional 4 post machine. It allows the bed to become one with the frame when in its locked position rather than just relying on the 4 post to keep the bed steady during operation.
The Shear-Tec 2 cutterhead is considered one of the finest spiral head design available today featuring a redesigned knife inserts that allows for higher torque setting without breaking the knife.
* 2 bed rollers with micro adjustment to lower friction when planing woods with high moisture content or resin woods
* 2 Feed speeds
* Digital readout with a tape as backup
* Standard knife head or Shear-Tec 2
* Motor: 7.5 HP 1 phase 220 volt TEFC
Motor: 10 HP 3 phase 220 volt TEFC
* Readout: digital with tape backup
* Table:32" deep 21 3/4" wide + extension tables 15" deep x 21" wide x 2
* 6 row sheartec 2 cutterhead w 4 sided german knife inserts
* 2 feed speeds: 16 + 20 ft/min
* Mechanical adjustment of bed
* Mechanical adjustment of bed rollers
* 2 x cast iron extension tables included
* 5" dusthood included
* Max removal: 1/8" 3mm
* Overall dimension with cast iron extension table installed:39" wide x 62" deep 46" tall
* Weight: 1200 lbs.